Products and Services
Value adding procurement requires a number of carefully targeted approaches. The services that we offer include:
- Scoping to identify and evidence base the most appropriate strategy;
- EU Procurement Directive compliant tenders;
- Use of tried and tested contract documents:
- Advice on models or options matched to individual client needs; one size does not fit all;
- Contract strategy development;
- Customer involvement;
- Time / cost / quality considerations;
- Management tools for objective assessment, and EU Procurement Compliance;
- Key Performance Indicators, incentivisation;
- Process control and transparency;
- Robust and proven contract documents;
- Independent audit/reviews;
- 'Hands-on' implementation.
We specialise in providing the above advice and support as an integral part of local authority and RSL business planning, and the development of strategies leading to LSVTs, ALMOs and PFIs. Our consultants bring a wide and diverse background to each project that will bring a new dimension to the key issues facing your organisation.
Top of Page
Strategic Fire Safety
We have had direct involvement of a number of high profile fire incidents within the housing sector and have developed a range of templates, systems and processes that ensure ongoing suitable and sufficient procedures in accordance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. Having formed part of the West Midlands Fire Service High-Rise Task Force in the early 1990s, we are fully aware of the needs of the Fire Service, the needs of social landlord's and how these two demands can be met. A significant number of our fire safety projects involve working directly with the relevant Fire & Rescue Service. This is something that we have achieve great success in.
As part of our compliance assurance audits, reviewing the fire safety management regime that landlords have in place is a frequent area of activity.
Compliance - the Big 6
Working for a number of social landlords on compliance with the 'Big Six':
Independent, robust audits and actions plans. Helping landlords successfully navigate the Regulators requirements in this regards. Audit process undertaken by a professional who understands property compliance and not to be confused with procedure type / internal audits who often fail to detect non-compliance.
Practical and pragmatic advice on regaining compliance quickly and robustly.
Alternative Dispute Resolution / Adjudication support & management
Adjudication advocacy / Project management of the process with lawyers, other experts and the client to ensure robust and cost effective case management.
Vast experience of disputes on all of the main Form of Contract.
Repairs & Maintenance
The success of social landlords will be significantly influenced on how well they deliver a customer focused and integrated repairs and maintenance service. In order to achieve this objective, we can assist in the following:
- Repairs and Maintenance Service Health Checks
- Robust and Comprehensive Value for Money assessments
- Contractor/Direct Labour Reviews and Procurement
- Independent Quality Assurance Checks
- Policy and Procurement Development
- Pre/Post Regulatory Inspection Support
- Service Improvement Plan Development
- Robust Benchmarking & market testing
- Linkage to Asset Management Strategy
- Efficiency Reviews
- Achieving the Optimal Balance of Planned/Responsive Maintenance
- Call Handling and Support Functions
- DLO Business Plans / Convergence & Growth Strategies
Home Page Top of Page Consultants Contact Us Links
Asset management is integral to the business planning process. The proper management of assets is fundamental to good financial performance, and provides the context for investment decisions.
Effective asset management strategies must take account of stock condition, rent income, and patterns of supply and demand within local and sub-regional housing markets. We can assist with a variety of issues including:
- Validation of investment plans and stock surveys.
- Public sector stock condition survey procurement and management.
- Preparation of asset management strategies.
- Development of investment strategies.
- Detailed option appraisal.
- Planned maintenance programmes.
- Comprehensive data services, including data management, analysis and collection.
- Due diligence on all Asset Management / Property services functions in connection with audits, mergers, group structures or acquisitions.
Housing Asset Management Consultancy©2005